"Black Widow II"
- The Western Museum
of Flight has numerous aircraft, exhibits and other displays.
- North American F-86 Sabre Jet
- Northrop YF-17
"Cobra" (Prototype #1)
- Grumman F-14A "Tomcat"
- Northrop F-5A
- Northrop JB-1 "Bat"
World War II "Buzz Bomb" built in 1942. There are only
three of Jack Northrop's flying wings left in the world. This
is one of them !
- 1883 Montgomery
- Radioplane RP-76
- Radioplane RP-5A
- Northrop KD2R-5
"Shelduck" basic training target drone
- Northrop YF-23A"Black
Widow II" Advanced Tactical Fighter (PAV-2)
- Northrop Company's flying demonstrator S-1
- Northrop Radioplane RP-71
Falconer, SD-l Target Drone
- The Space Technology Laboratories, Inc. (TRW) Satellite,
Pioneer I, Reconstructed Replica
- Northrop HL-10 (model) lifting
body re-entry research vehicle program, helped in the development
of the Space Shuttle.
ASA Space Shuttle (model)
The Space Shuttle is a reusable U.S. space vehicle
- Bede Aircraft BD-5, an experimental
homebuilt kit, single seat high performance aircraft.
- The 1942 Model C-3 Link
- Teledyne Ryan AQM-34K Firebee
- Northrop Grumman BQM-74F
- Orion Industries UAV Model 706
- Douglas A-4A Skyhawk, currently
- Lockheed YO-3A Quiet Star,
not on display
- British Aerospace Harrier T.4
addition to the aircraft currently being displayed, numerous
Western Museum of Flight volunteers and Northrop Aircraft volunteers
have processed the following aircraft through the Darrell G.
McNeal Restoration Facility.
- The Northrop N-3PB
World War II single engine seaplane built in 1940. Twenty four
N-3PB's were built, this is the only remaining example.
- The Northrop X-4 "Bantam"
. Only two of these aircraft were built. The X-4 "Bantam"
was restored by the Western Museum of Flight and is on display
at the United States Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio.
- Currently, there is no restoration facility at the museum
due to space limitations
Piston and jet aircraft
- Pratt & Whitney R-985-AN-1 "Wasp Jr." 9 Cylinder,
Air-cooled, Radial Engine, 450 HP
- Wright GR-1820-G205 "Cyclone," 9-Cylinder, Radial,
Air-cooled, 1200 HP
- General Electric J-79-GE-3A, Gas Turbine.
- Pratt & Whtney.TF30 Turbofan.
- Pratt & Whtney. R4360 Wasp Major,
28 Cylinder Air-cooled Radial.
- The aircraft model
collection is quite extensive. The over 300 models include numerous
wind tunnel models including the Northrop "Alpha",
the Northrop A-9A, Hundreds of plastic scale models are also
included in the collection.